Twlight: A Future
Welcome to Twilight: A Future. Please check our Cannon list before registering. As of right now, we are only accepting Cannons.
Welcome to Twilight: A Future. Please check our Cannon list before registering. As of right now, we are only accepting Cannons.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever wanted to know what happened to the Cullens after they sent the Volturi packing? Here is the place to find out.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Switch Characters
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Wandering alone (Open)
Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 1:12 am by Renesmee Cullen

» In the park (Open)
Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 3:55 pm by Angela Weber

» Carly Waters
Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 9:49 pm by Edward Cullen

» Hunting Party (All Cullens)
Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 12:32 am by Edward Cullen

» Can you do it again? (Bella)
Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 9:02 pm by Edward Cullen

» For the first time in forever (Embry, R)
Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 7:13 am by Calypso Calor

» what's that smell? (open)
Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 7:45 am by Michelle Hastings

» Embry Call
Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 10:51 pm by Edward Cullen

» Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)
Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 10:01 am by Calypso Calor

Affiliates
AFFILIATES:

Destiny's Way RPG
THE Twilight RPG
OUR BUTTON:

Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rachel Black

Rachel Black

Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) Empty
PostSubject: Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)   Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 10:22 am

Rachel laughed as she made her way down the sand toward the water. It was a rare sunny day in the small reservation of La Push, and she intended to make the most of it. Her best friend and new roommate, Calypso was the unlucky soldier who was being dragged to the beach with the excitable brunette. Honestly, she still had trouble accepting her home town, but it was days where the sun was out that it reminded her of the good times that she'd spent with her twin sister playing in the water and sand.

"Come on, Caly!" she called back to her friend, stripping off her shirt and shorts to the black bikini that she wore underneath. Dumping her clothes on the sand, she laid out the towel carefully and plopped down on to it, laying out and looking up at Calypso, showing how impatient she was feeling.
Back to top Go down
Calypso Calor
Werewolf
Werewolf
Calypso Calor

PostSubject: Re: Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)   Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 10:31 am

Calypso grumbled under her breath at the excitable girl in front of her and jogged towards her, trying to keep as human as possible when it came to Rachel. ''I'm coming, miss impatient.'' She shouted softly before pulling down her shorts and dumping them next to Rachel's before peeling off her tank top, revealing a camouflage designed bikini. Laying beside her, Calypso stared at the ocean, thinking of the times she cliff jumped into it and rolled her eyes at Rachel. ''How come you're so impatient? It's just a beach that'll stay here forever.'' She said, nudging her with her elbow for a short moment so she didn't feel the heat of her skin.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Black

Rachel Black

PostSubject: Re: Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)   Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 10:38 am

"Good!" Rachel's simple response held no malice what-so-ever. Her spirits were high, and she was glad to find that the more she got to know Calypso, the more she was interesting in hanging around in La Push for a while longer. It was strange to think that at the same time the year before, Rachel Black would have choked at the thought of returning to her hometown to live. But one glance changed all of that, and she had wished many times that she could share that memory with the one person who she considered a true friend.

Rachel's smiled surprisingly didn't falter as she looked at Calypso, "It's not just a beach, you know. It's special.." There was more than one reason that it was so special to her. It was the place where she had met Paul Lahote, and it was also a place that held so many good memories of her family. Her whole family. "Want to swim?" she asked, half joking. While it was sunny, it still wasn't overly warm and she wasn't sure she would be freezing before she returned home.
Back to top Go down
Calypso Calor
Werewolf
Werewolf
Calypso Calor

PostSubject: Re: Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)   Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 11:06 am

It was nice, spending time with another girl instead of hanging out with the girl's boyfriend and the rest of the pack. It gave her a sense of normality. Being with Rachel made her feel like normal, wanted unlike her family back in Michigan. Looking towards her side at Rachel, Calypso actually understood what she meant by a special place as the forest was hers. ''I get ya, Rach.'' She replied, glancing away not wanting to show the sadness in her eyes. Calypso never spoke of her life before La Push, before Sam's pack finding her...That life before was hell and reliving it due to telling someone she only knew for seven months, wasn't worth it...yet.

The mention of swimming caused Calypso to sit up with a wide grin, almost wolfish. ''Of course i want to swim! I didn't come here to sunbathe! I've got enough sun as you can.'' Calypso pointed towards her tanned skin that was like everyone's in the pack. Jumping up, she kicked sand towards
Back to top Go down
Rachel Black

Rachel Black

PostSubject: Re: Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)   Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 11:32 am

Rachel looked up in surprise as the other woman seemed eager to get into the water. Usually the other girls on the reservation were too afraid of the icy water to get in. Glancing at the blue sky for a moment, she grinned and stood. They were the only people on the beach, which surprised her greatly as usually a sunny day would cause more of a crowd. Dusting the sand from her legs, she rolled her eyes, "Of course you have! Race you?"
Back to top Go down
Calypso Calor
Werewolf
Werewolf
Calypso Calor

PostSubject: Re: Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)   Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 11:47 am

Calypso chuckled, amused at the look of surprise but she wanted to see a human react to the cold water, not being able to remember what it was like being one apart from all the pain. Glancing around to see no one, she breathed in deeply and caught the scent of someone very close to Rachel but chose not to tell her. Looking back at Rachel, Calypso laughed loudly and rolled her eyes. ''You're on, Black.'' She said, narrowing her eyes before getting into a running stance. Hearing a voice in her head, she growled inwardly knowing she'd have to keep her speed on a down low. Sprinting as human as possible, Calypso dived into the water once she got into the perfect distance to do so.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Black

Rachel Black

PostSubject: Re: Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)   Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:28 pm

Rachel smiled as Calypso took a deep breath, and she did the same. She enjoyed the smell of the salty water in the air. As her friend took stance, ready to race, Rachel did the same. Despite being a reasonably fit person, the other woman seemed to have no problem beating her to the water. Without a second thought, she dived in and at she reached the surface she screamed in a very high pitch manner. She'd known that the water would be cold, but it was a lot cooler than she'd hoped. Holding her breath, she stood in the water, waiting for her body to adjust. Slowly, it didn't seem so cold anymore, and she grinned, "It's freezing!" Splashing water toward Calypso, she ducked under the water again, revelling in the iciness on her face. "You beat me, Caly!" she added as she again resurfaced, a playful pout on her face.
Back to top Go down
Calypso Calor
Werewolf
Werewolf
Calypso Calor

PostSubject: Re: Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)   Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:36 pm

Calypso came up for air, not effected by the cold water. Laughing at Rachel, she watched the girl adjust to the water and bit the corner of her lip, almost as if she was cold but was too stubborn to admit it. ''I know right?! This was your idea so suck it up.'' She called out before getting doused in more water. Wiping her hair out of her face like women who knew they were pretty did after diving into the water and coming up for air. ''Of course i beat you! I do a lot of outdoors things remember whilst you sit on your lazy behind with Paul!'' Calypso teased, sticking her tongue out at Rachel's pout. Going back under the water, she stayed there for a while, enjoying the way the water felt on her body.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Black

Rachel Black

PostSubject: Re: Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)   Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:48 pm

Glaring playfully at Calypso, the woman figured that she was right. Though, in her defence, she hadn't expected her roommate to agree to such at thing. And Rachel was far too stubborn to not take up on something that she herself had thought of. "We do not sit around all the time, Calypso!" Rachel said, a mock put out tone in her voice. "Besides, Paul spends a lot of time.. out," she added, though she knew that she couldn't elaborate on that. Often, she would go to say something that around Emily or Kim would be totally fine, but around Calypso she couldn't say another further. Even if she desperately wanted to, just to share her life with the person she though of as her best friend.
Back to top Go down
Calypso Calor
Werewolf
Werewolf
Calypso Calor

PostSubject: Re: Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)   Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 1:09 pm

Calypso resurfaced and had actually got a mouth full of water, allowing her to spit it all at Rachel like a water fountain. ''Fine..Most of the time, Rach!'' She said, baring one side of her teeth like she was smirking but grinning at the same time. At Rachel's addition to her sentence, Calypso visibly tensed but shrugged it away as she was quite upset she hadn't told Rachel about where she goes all the time. ''Yeah a lot of people like to hang out it seems..'' She said and turned her head towards the beach, her almost greenish gold eyes scanning it. ''Where does he go?'' Asking only because she wanted to know if Rachel trusted her enough, afterall they were like sisters and that was another reason why she hadn't said anything. If Rachel didn't think of her the same way, Calypso wouldn't say anything.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Black

Rachel Black

PostSubject: Re: Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)   Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 1:23 pm

Rachel giggled and covered her face as she was showered with the water from Calypso's mouth. She always seemed to have fun with the other woman, and she was glad that she'd managed to find such an awesome roommate. "Some of the time!" she corrected, her teeth showing in a bright grin. As Calypso seemed to lose some of the vibrancy in her smile, she looked at her for a moment before nodding. "Yes, they do," she said. She'd noticed that Calypso seemed to wander off a lot, even in the middle of the night. Rachel had often entertained the thought that her roommate had a boy that she didn't want to tell Rachel about, and that was why she was so secretive. When the other woman asked where Paul goes, Rachel froze. She knew that she shouldn't have said anything, but as she thought about it she figured that it was the perfect time to tell the girl. But at the same time she was worried that her boyfriend would be angry with her for telling. Sighing, she figured that she had the right to a confident, and she moved closer to her best friend, her eyes scanning the beach and water. Not seeing anything, she turned back to her companion and asked quietly, "You can keep a secret, I know, but this one is huge. You probably won't believe me, but I need to know that you won't go running and screaming. Or calling me crazy or something.." Rachel wasn't sure which would be harder to handle.
Back to top Go down
Calypso Calor
Werewolf
Werewolf
Calypso Calor

PostSubject: Re: Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)   Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 1:32 pm

Calypso laughed at Rachel, shaking her head slowly before dipping just her head into the water. Looking up at Rachel when she felt the water move, indicting that Rachel had moved closer and she did. Staring, almost worriedly at Rachel, her eyes showed concern but like the person she was, tried to make a joke out of the situation. ''You aren't going to declare your love for me, are you? Because...I kind of don't swing that way.'' Her cocky smile tugged at her lips but shook her head. ''I won't ever run away and i won't call you crazy. You never know...I may believe more than you think.'' Calypso said, wanting to hug Rachel to reassure her but would have to wait until Rachel spilled the news...she already knew.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Black

Rachel Black

PostSubject: Re: Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)   Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 1:41 pm

Rachel wanted to laugh at the joke, but the most that she could muster was a smile. Shaking her head, she said in a mock-reassuring tone, "Oh, I love you, but not like that!" She wanted to tell Calypso the truth, and she was going to do it whether she was 'allowed' to or not. Sam Uley didn't have some wolf control over her, and she smirked slightly at the thought. The words calmed her only slightly, but Rachel was a stubborn person, so she wasn't going to back down now.

"Caly, Paul goes out to 'run' with his friends. When I say run, I mean run on all fours," her voice was as quiet as she could make it while still allowing Calypso to hear it, "He is a shape-shifter. I don't know if you've heard any of the legends of our tribe, about the wolves. They're true.. all of them. Paul turns in to a wolf." Now that it was out, she braced herself for the reaction before adding, "I just wanted to tell someone.. but you can't say anything! I don't want Paul to hate me for telling..."
Back to top Go down
Calypso Calor
Werewolf
Werewolf
Calypso Calor

PostSubject: Re: Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)   Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 2:44 pm

Calypso gave Rachel a small smile at the mocking but listened to her, her face turning serious. There it was...the truth that she indirectly begged for. ''I will not tell, Rach..as i completely believe you.'' She said firmly and her hand raised, lightly touching Rachel's cheek. Their first actual skin touching interaction. In her mind, she begged for Rachel to understand what that meant, for her to understand why she kept disappearing, why she always was close by despite seeming so far away and why she hung so close to Paul's friends and himself. ''Paul doesn't hate you for telling. He completely understands...Everyone needs someone to talk to.'' Calypso said, hearing Paul's words from months ago about if Rachel ever told, he'd understand.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Black

Rachel Black

PostSubject: Re: Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)   Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 9:53 am

Rachel waited for a response, terrified that Calypso, the only person other than family and the pack that she actually cared about, would turn and run. Or even worse, tell her that she didn't believe her. But when her reaction fell on her ears, Rachel stared wide-eyed. It was so simple.. final. Like there was nothing to worry about. Feeling a warm hand on her cheek, she smiled, but quickly the look on her face turned in to one of confusing as she realised that Calypso's hand wasn't just warm. It was hot, in a way that her own skin would never feel. In the same way that Paul's felt.

Taking a tiny step back so that she could look at her best friend properly, Rachel said, "You're a wolf too, aren't you?" She knew that Leah was one, but that was the only female that she knew of who had phased. At the reassuring words, Rachel pulled her friend in to an embrace and said quietly, "I'm glad.. I don't know what I would do if he ended up hating me.. Or if you did."
Back to top Go down
Calypso Calor
Werewolf
Werewolf
Calypso Calor

PostSubject: Re: Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)   Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 10:03 am

Calypso bit her lip when Rachel took a small step back, almost making her heart clench with sadness because it made her feel like she was getting rejected by the only girl in her life she cared about. Yes she liked Emily and her motherly nature but when it came to being super close like her and Rachel, Calypso backed away with a protective wall. With her own mother being an awful one, someone like that caused Calypso to be fearful.

The moment Rachel spoke, Calypso pushed her thoughts away and sighed happily. ''Yes, I am...You don't mind do you?'' She asked, biting her lip harder. ''He would never hate you...He can't.'' She said, not sure what to do at her first ever embrace. Not just with Rachel..but ever. Resting her chin on Rachel's shoulder, she breathed in Rachel's scent that made her smile. ''I'm glad you know now..'' Calypso whispered.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Black

Rachel Black

PostSubject: Re: Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)   Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 8:00 am

Rachel couldn't help but laugh at her friend's reply, but she quickly becomes serious and shook her head, "No, of course I don't mind! I'm sleeping with a wolf, you know?" Well, they hadn't slept together, but they Paul did sleep in her bed on occasion. "How do you know he can't?" she asked, unsure what Calypso meant. She knew that she'd been imprinted on, but surely it wasn't quite that big a deal? Soaking in the heat which was a relief from the cold water for a few moments, she then pulled back and grinned. "I'm glad that I know, too."
Back to top Go down
Calypso Calor
Werewolf
Werewolf
Calypso Calor

PostSubject: Re: Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)   Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 9:20 am

Calypso chuckled lightly and rolled her eyes. ''Sleeping with a wolf, eh?'' She teased. It caused a pang in her heart as she was yearning to find a love like Rachel and Paul had. An imprint.. She thought to herself, despite knowing there had not been recorded evidence that a female werewolf can imprint. ''Because you two have imprinted. Him and his wolf are completely devoted to you. He could never hate you...'' She said, stroking Rachel's cheek before hearing a howl far in the distance, almost a wolfish chuckle left Calypso's lips. Leaning into the water some more, she smiled at Rachel. ''It's been quite hard to..ya know..keep it from you but i hope you know i had to.'' Paul had asked Calypso to protect and look after Rachel when he couldn't and at first, Calypso would sleep outside their house with Billy occasionally handing her food but then they became friends and it just started off there. Now they live together and it's the greatest way for Calypso to protect her.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Black

Rachel Black

PostSubject: Re: Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)   Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 7:16 am

"Sleeping next to a wolf, and you know it!" Rachel replied, her tone cheerful again. She had been to busy with school to focus in boys, and even at college none of those types of experiences had ever occurred. "If you must know, I'm a virgin," she said quietly, a light blush etched on her tan cheeks. Rachel had been far too embarrassed to admit to her boyfriend that she'd never done anything of that manner in her life, so she'd simply ensured that the topic never came up.

"I don't quite understand the whole imprinting thing," she admitted, "I was told that it's like love at first sight, but I know a lot of couples who've started like that and really it wasn't true love." Rachel had been afraid that one day Paul would wake up in the morning and realise that it had all been in his head, and that he didn't really love her. It would break her heart, because she was sure that she truly loved him.

"I'm not exactly sure why, since I already new about the pack, but I understand," Rachel said honestly, "and I'm glad that I know now. No more secrets, right?"
Back to top Go down
Calypso Calor
Werewolf
Werewolf
Calypso Calor

PostSubject: Re: Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)   Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 8:22 am

Calypso smiled softly. ''Don't be so embarrassed. I am as well..'' She admitted, waiting for someone she truly loved to take it from her. Before the wolf life, Calypso never spoke to anyone, thus never getting crushes on boys but the moment she found out she was a werewolf, she begged inside for her to be able to imprint on someone.

Hearing that Rachel didn't understand the imprinting, she sighed and took the girls hand, leading her back to the beach. Plopping down on the floor, her almost golden eyes stared at the ocean. ''It's not...love at first sight. It's like gravity moves suddenly...It's like the earth doesn't hold you anymore. It's just her or him. You become whatever she or he needs...A protector, a love or a friend. It's pretty much like marriage in some ways, Rach...He's unconditionally bound to you. You're his 'perfect match', i guess you can say. You were made for each other. If you chose someone other than him, he will be in great pain but will respect your choice because he loves you. Apparently the person who's been imprinted on feels incomplete without the wolf nearby.'' Calypso explained to Rachel, avoiding eye contact and just kept staring at the water as her heart clenched.

''No more secrets..'' Calypso promised firmly, looking over her shoulder at the forest before looking back at the water. She leaned on her elbows, her look expressionless as her inner wolf whimpered for a love like Rachel and Paul but whimpered for release as well.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Black

Rachel Black

PostSubject: Re: Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)   Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 6:48 am

Rachel was a touch surprised when she heard Calypso admit that she too, was a virgin. Most people her age were not anymore and it had been a common source of humour for her dorm mates at Washington State. The eldest Black child allowed her best friend to lead her back to the sand by her hand, and she sat down next to her on the towel. As she listened, her eyebrow furrowed and she nodded slowly. It made a bit more sense now, and she wondered why her own imprinter hadn't explained so much.

Letting out a long sigh, she grinned at Calypso. She was glad that neither of them would need to keep anything from the other anymore. Because, while there was nothing else that she hadn't shared, Rachel knew that it was the biggest secret so far. Watching as a few grey clouds moved in front of the sun, Rachel frowned and asked, "Shall we go home?"
Back to top Go down
Calypso Calor
Werewolf
Werewolf
Calypso Calor

PostSubject: Re: Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)   Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 10:01 am

Calypso, being an outcast to everyone in her hometown, found it refreshing to be able to speak to someone. In the corner of her eye, she watched Rachel react to the explanation of imprinting. ''Sam imprinted on Emily whilst being with Leah...It was hard but it makes it harder whenever Leah is in wolf form with Sam. She knows everything about their relationship and im sure that opens up some wounds but of course, Sam felt terrible and he still does. I believe that is why Leah joined a different pack when she had the chance, along with protecting her brother. I have not met the other pack yet...'' She said, furrowing her brow as she wondered what they are like. ''There are occasions where people imprint on..children actually. We become whatever we need for that person so whilst they grow up...We can become a brother or sister, a best friend and at the right age, a lover.'' Calypso paused and stood up when she noticed the greying skies. ''All these words i say are from stories of other people imprinting. Perhaps one day, i shall tell you my own story but yes. Let's go home..'' She replied, sliding back on her shorts after cleaning the sand off of her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)   Soaking up the rays. (Calypso) Empty

Back to top Go down

Soaking up the rays. (Calypso)
Page 1 of 1